Knowing how to properly use the bathroom on a boat is a necessity. The first piece of information to aware of is that a bathroom on a boat is often referred to as the head. On s/v Mango, all four heads are equipped with flush-able toilets (opposed to the pump variety), vanity sinks, and hand showers.
The following video covers the basic operations needed to operate the toilet, shower, and drain on s/v Mango.
How to turn on the light:
- Use the top toggle switch located on the front of the vanity, just inside the bathroom door.
Where to store toiletries:
- In the medicine cabinet located behind the mirror.
- On the shelf above the toilet paper holder.
How to operate the toilet:
- Push the add water switch located on the vanity. (Bottom switch depressing the side toward the door)
- Do your business.
- To prevent lav lines from being clogged, we request that toilet paper, wet wipes, paper towels, and all personal products be tossed in the trash can. Please do not flush them! Clogged lav lines result in lengthy and costly repairs. You don’t want to spend a large chunk of your vacation waiting for lav line issues to be resolved.
- Use the flush button to flush the toilet. (Top switch)
- Check to make sure the toilet is clear. If needed, add more water and flush again.
How to use the shower:
- Make sure the door is closed.
- Move the toilet paper up to the high shelf.
- Turn the water on using the sink faucet.
- Lift the sprayer and shower as usual.
- Turn off the water and return the sprayer to its nesting location.
- Drain the water using the bottom toggle switch. (The switch above it is for turning on off the light)
If you have any additional questions or concerns related to how to use the head, please let us know. We are happy to answer your questions and provide instructions where needed.